Thursday, April 7, 2016

You oughtta ditch the two geeks you're in the car with now and get in with us.

As requested, I will revisit the topic from my third blog posting and express my opinion as to how Texas Republicans seeking refuge from the atrocities of Trump and Cruz should be voting. My critique of Bell's argument was done prior to the Texas primary and its results. The article advised Texas Democrats and those seeking solidarity within the Party to vote for any Democratic candidate other than Senator Bernie Sanders. Bell seems to have received his desired result, Clinton and Cruz won the Texas Primary. Cruz won, but not by the margin expected by the polls, while Clinton did about as predicted, with the exception of the Travis County vote, which Sanders won handsomely.

While I agree with Bell on the topic of voting Democrat, and that voting for anyone other than the frightening front runners of the Republican party, I do think it is foolish to eliminate a possible sanctuary for those fleeing the freak show. The Republicans leaving to vote Democrat are likely left-center Republicans with conservative reservations about the idea of voting for either Clinton or Sanders. Sanders has, however, garnered much enthusiasm and support from even those demographics that other "old, white men" have not received. According to the most recent information, he is still a real contender for the candidacy.

Not only is it my opinion that Sanders is an amazing option to Republicans, I think he is the right choice for this country and its citizens, which is why he received my vote.

No comments: